Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking a reliable, experienced Legal File Clerk support staff member to join our Firm. As a Legal File Clerk with Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP, you will be an integral part of the Firm’s back office support team. This is a fast-paced growing Law Firm with a team environment but with independence within the position.
This position involves the following job duties, in addition to others that may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Opening, closing, and maintaining organized hard copy and electronic files
- Maintain the integrity of the electronic file storage for the firm
- Filing all documents, emails and attachments sent to a general filing email address
- Answering phones, or other general light office duties
- Make hard files or legal working binders via copy or print as needed
- Order office supplies, organize supply closets and file areas
- Assist with office equipment inventory and other operational tasks
- Data entry to assist Partners with time entry
- Prepare expense reports for attorneys after travel
- Gather and identify receipts needed for company credit cards
- Make travel arrangements on behalf of attorneys as needed
- Run errands to post office, shipping documents or packages or stock supplies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat and overall good computer skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills and organization.
- Experience with general office equipment such as scanners, copiers and fax machines.
- Attention to detail in all work.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, attorneys, and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, documents, practices and procedures strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of relevant office/document management work in a legal office is preferred.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance
Opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k plan
Enrollment in the firm’s medical insurance plan
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies)
Work -life balance and employee wellness promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Working hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org